Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The official Rotation Diet (still being written)

Here is what I eat.  This is why when someone asks me on Day 3 if I want to get shrimp I can't do it.  The idea of the diet is that I never eat the same food more than once in a 4 day rotation.  The foods are specific to each day.  There are some ingredients that I'll add to another day, but I try to keep this to a minimum.  My allergist wants me to increase my Omega 9 fatty acids and prescribed more "cold" olive oil on veggies, salads, etc...  While olive oil is technically only listed on Day 2 I'll still add some extra olive oil if it works with a particular dish on a different day.  

Day one is easy enough, but it gets boring.  In trying to find an alternative or addition to eggs for breakfast I happened upon Applegate Farms and their amazing chicken breakfast sausages in maple and sage.  Just recently I've added the smoothie with Sunflower Dream milk so I have even more options for breakfast.


Day 2 - When I first started the rotation I swear it was the day that I lost the most weight on.  Finding stuff to eat felt like a challenge I didn't have the energy to overcome.  Then I started using hemp milk and hemp flour and started trying out different fish on the list.  And then it's like the heavens opened up in the middle of the freezer isle at Whole Foods and I discovered Hemp & Sage burgers.  I managed to get the Merc in Lawrence  to start carrying them, too.  




Day 3



Day 4


No comments:

Post a Comment