Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Xylitol, is it just me 'cause this stuff gives me a headache....

Since fighting off my stomach bacteria I've been sensitive to any type of sugar substitute that is reconstituted or has a molecule removed to make it lower calorie. This includes anything with aspartame, saccharine, sucralose, zylitol and pretty much any other ingredient that makes something sugar free. I used to drink diet coke by the gallon, now I can't touch the stuff without it giving me a headache. Same is true with no fat yogurt, most gum, etc... I found an article by Dr. Ellie and I think she's selling these things called Zellies that are made from 100% Zylitol. Over and over again people commented that Zylitol gave them headaches and she tried to refute the possibility that it gave any of them discomfort of any sort. I bought B Fresh Gum that contains zylitol and the ish gives me a headache!!

In an effort to find something other than cane sugar I've discovered palm sugar. I just bought some off of Amazon and am hoping to give a good review of it. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment