Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's a yeast feast in my body (Oregano oil - go buy some!!!)

I've got 167 days to go until I hit my 6 month mark for clearing allergens from my system.  In the past when I've committed myself to staying on the rotation I start out strong, the wind at my back, and I am determined to murder these allergies.  Then something triggers my evil side and the level of frustration and being pissed off reach epic proportions.  At that point I manage to justify getting a beer and pizza.

As with previous starts to the rotation diet, this time when I could feel angry Andreana approaching I tried increasing my anxiety meds and even added a few, tried meditating, tried talking to my therapist, tried stuffing myself with foods that I'm not allergic to (but still taste really good), and tried a sweat lodge.  Nothing cured my nerves which pissed me off even more.

During one of my recent episodes I remembered a conversation I had with the woman who originally turned me on to my allergist. She warned me that within the first few days of starting the rotation I might find myself craving sugar like never before, be moody and ridiculously emotional. According to her the strong reactions were due to yeast dying a long, painful death and ultimately screaming out for SUGAR!!!!  According to her, the aggravation and cravings were yeasts final call to action - a last ditch attempt to continue living in my body being fed by my love of carbs and Pepsi.  She suggested I take either grape seed oil or oil of oregano which help to kill the yeast.


Remembering her advice and in a last ditch effort last night to bring down the intensity I downed 40 drops of oil of oregano mixed with some water.  In the past I've usually done taken the oil along with doing a cleanse, though, this time I either forgot or just got lazy.  Within a few hours I felt like a giant "bite me!!" had been lifted from my back, the hateful thoughts started to retreat back into the shadows, and I didn't feel like I wanted to rip my skin off any longer.

Today, I'm feeling MUCH better - unlike my symptoms with PMDD, today I haven't swung to the other extreme.  I feel normal and confident that taking the Oregano oil did one of 2 things - took care of the louder yeast beasts or in just taking it the placebo affect radically adjusted my nasty attitude.  What's best about getting rid of the yeast, though, is that I don't bloat as easily and I don't look pregnant when I'm naked.



Here's a link to some of the other uses for Oregano Oil: http://www.naturalnews.com/024685_oregano_oil_of.html
My friend Ann also suggested grapeseed oil as a means of eradicating yeast - I actually started off with grapeseed until I found out that I'm allergic to grapes (probably due to the thousands of glasses and bottles of wine I drank on a daily basis).  Regardless, I think knowing about Oregano oil would probably be helpful for anyone going off carbs or anyone wanting to get rid of the yeast in their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment