Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pumpcakes (pumpkin pancakes allergen free)



I love these pancakes!!!  Because of the pumpkin i put them on my Day 2 diet, though, with all of the extra flours it becomes a bit of a stretch - I figure if I only eat these once in awhile I'm not totally screwing up the balance that the rotation diet is intended to construct.  This recipe is from a number of other recipes i found on the internet and I've altered certain ingredients to make it allergen free for me.  
1/2 c sorghum flour
1/2 c rice flour
1/2 c tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin spice - I left this out and instead used several teaspoons of vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs spoons sugar - I substituted with palm sugar
6 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin puree - I bought the organic, unsweetened kind
2 tbsp butter- I used olive oil instead
1 cup water or nut milk - I used coconut milk instead
1 egg - egg powder substitute can also be used
I think the original recipe said to mix everything separately but I just threw it all in the same container.  You can make A LOT of alterations to this recipe like using cinnamon or using earth balance butter (it's soy and dairy free).  You can add pecans or other tasties that you think would work in this recipe.  Cook these like you would cook regular pancakes and serve.  Buen provecho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment